DIY: Lip Balm
Say goodbye to commercial lip balms and go natural, your lips deserve it! These easy DIY lip balms are not only moisturizing, but healthy for your lips and your wallet!
1 ounce beeswax
1 ounce coconut oil
1/2 ounce shea butter
1/2 ounce cocoa butter
20 drops Peppermint essential oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil
Lip balm containers
Note: This recipe makes 3 ounces of lip balm so make sure you have enough containers. This recipe will make 20 lip balm tubes. You can always reduce the batch size by cutting the recipe in half.
- Line up empty containers. If you are using a lip balm stick, make sure it ihas been twisted down.
- Measure butters and oils and place in glass jar.
- Fill a large saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add glass jar to center of saucepan.
- Stir every few minutes until ingredients are melted and combined.
- Once wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes then add essential oils.
- Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool. If you would like to make tinted lip balm, move to the next two steps.
- Add a pinch of colored mineral makeup until you get your desired color. Stir until combined.
- Pour tinted lip balm into containers and let cool.
Tip: If you want a harder lip balm, add an additional 1/2 ounce of beeswax. For an even softer lip balm, add an additional 1/2 ounce of coconut oil.
This lip balm makes a great gift and can easily be customized. Change the color or the scent by using a variety of mineral makeup and essential oils. If you don't have time to make your own lip balm then the doTERRA Natural Lip Balm with Peppermint and Wild Orange essential oil is a fabulous alternative!