Cinnamon Almond Granola
This healthy and delicious granola recipe is sure to please everyone in the family. There are countless ways to enjoy this granola such as on your favorite yogurt, on top of a smoothie, or just by itself. The Cinnamon essential oil adds a nice flavor and spice to the granola that will keep you going back for more.
Almonds: These nuts are one of the best sources of vitamin E and can help stop plaque buildup in the arteries. Studies have suggested that a vitamin E rich diet may lower rates of heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Cherries: Dried cherries are a good source of vitamin C which can help increase collagen production. Increased collagen production contributes to building tissue strength and also helps shield the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
Cranberries: For women, urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the most common bacterial infections, and cranberry products, including dried cranberries, can actually help prevent it. Cranberries contain proanthocyanidins which inhibit bacteria’s ability to infect the cells that line the bladder. Because of this component, the bacteria is flushed out of the body, avoiding urinary tract infection (UTI) and some additional bladder issues.
Honey: This is a powerhouse food that is full of beneficial properties. It is full of antioxidants that can help prevent cell damage. If used topically, it can act as a natural antibiotic and has been used to protect against infection in wounds and burns. Certain kinds of honey are also known to protect against even the most brutal bacteria like methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large glass bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil together.
- Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture. Add essential oil. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture onto large metal pan and place in oven.
- Stir granola every ten minutes to help granola bake evenly.
- After 20 minutes in oven, add dried cherries and cranberries.
- Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes until granola is golden brown.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
 "9 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Almonds" , "Nuts and Your Heart Health: Eating Nuts for Heart Health"
 "What are the Benefits of Dried Cherries?"
 "Cranberries and UTI Observational Study" , "Cranberries and Urinary Tract Infections"
 "Liquid Gold: 7 Health Benefits of Honey that Could Heal Your Whole Body"
Cinnamon Almond Granola
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1.5 cups sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
10 drops doTERRA Cinnamon essential oil