DIY: Homemade Hot Oil Hair Treatment
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops Rosemary or Melaleuca essential oils
- 2 teaspoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1–2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to low heat and keep water on a simmer.
- Place all ingredients, but essential oils in a heat-proof bowl and place in the pot of simmering water. Let the oil heat up and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove oil from heat. You want the oil nice and warm, but not boiling hot. Add essential oils. Tip: Make sure to cover your shoulders in case of oil staining.
- Dip your fingertips into the oil and gently massage the oil from scalp to the ends. When all the oil is used, cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Shampoo your hair. Tip: You may need to shampoo your hair twice; using a conditioner is optional.
Tip: For best results, add a hot damp towel over the shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes.